So for day one of the April Travel Challenge I thought I would start off with something easy – a cheeky wee travel bucket list!
This was inspired by a post on Facebook where somebody asked what 10 countries everyone would love to visit that they haven’t already – a lot of people had very similar answers, exotic countries, the kind of countries that everybody speaks about in a way that makes you feel left out if you haven’t been. I realised then that a lot of my choices were really quite different to that of others who were replying – I’m Scottish, so Scotland/England/UK don’t have the same appeal to me as they do to those from other countries who see us turned into some wonderful fantasy country. I’m a fussy eater, so many of these exotic countries are genuinely terrifying – not to mention that by the very nature of of being exotic countries, they’re pretty hot and I don’t really care much for the warm weather.
So this was the ten countries which I came up with:
- Liecthenstein – I can’t really explain this one, but ever since discovering that there was a teeny tiny country called Liechtenstein, I have wanted to go there.
- Austria – In Primary 7 (aged 11ish) I had to pick a European country to do a project on at school, and while everyone else was busy studying France, Spain and Germany I opted for Austria and instantly fell in love with the country that gave us Schwarznegger and Mozart. I’m going to Vienna later this month and I am super excited!
- Canada – Okay so technically I have been to Canada before, but I was three at the time so I don’t really remember it. Plus, it’s a pretty big country so I won’t struggle to find things to explore.
- Iceland – Aurora Borealis, enough said.
- Wales – It’s the one country in Great Britain which I haven’t been to yet, so I need to get it ticked off!
- Greenland – I just really love winter, and this seems to be a pretty wintery country.
- The Netherlands – Can any country really be that flat?
- America – I’ve never been to America, but it’s the one country that I feel peer-pressured into exploring because everybody says it’s amazing.
- Russia – This is another one of those ones that I can’t explain, but I’ve just always really fancied seeing Russia.
- Lapland (it’s a real country okay, I won’t have you tell me otherwise!) – Santa Claus. That is all.
How many of my bucket list countries have you visited? Did you like them? What 10 countries are on your bucket list? Let me know in the comments below!
Here are two posts written by other bloggers participating in the challenge that I think are worth checking out!