Today’s theme in my September blogging challenge (I realise I have fallen a little behind, between one thing and another) is to write about what I would do if I won the Lottery. Now, while the Lottery obviously is a limited amount of money if you put it in the right kind of account you could probably earn enough interest that it practically would be infinite money! I’m basing this post on the assumption that my lottery win was a big one and that I was able to invest in the right kind of way to keep making a substantial amount of interest.
So what would I do if I hit the jackpot? Firstly I would…
- Take my whole family out to dinner (to celebrate).
- Pay off my mortgage.
- Pay off my student debts.
- Pay off any other debts (credit card, etc).
- Give my parents some money to pay off anything that they need to pay off but probably haven’t been able to because they’ve been busy raising two very expensive children.
I think that is all of the sensible things out of the way! So next on my list would be the semi-sensible, but not quite so essential things:
- Buy some property for my brother.
- Quit my ‘day job’ and focus solely on being a work from home/nomadic content creator.
- Get the pets that my heart desires and everything necessary to provide them with a premium level of care. (insert all the animal emojis here)
- Travel, obviously (and probably stay in hotels!). Maybe finally go to some of the places on my bucket list!
- Give some money to other people close to my heart to help them out.
- Give some money to the charities, organisations and good causes that I care most about.
Of course, it wouldn’t be the hit the jackpot dream if there weren’t a few more frivolous ideas! If I had an unlimited supply of money I would…:
- Buy a yacht (and a crew).
- Buy a holiday home, possibly multiple ones in some of my favourite places.
- Buy a second home (something ridiculously extravagant, of course) for myself, and probably move into it and rent out my current property.
- Hire a chauffeur so that I never had to drive again.
What would you do if you won the Lottery? Let me know in the comments!