This post contains items which have been gifted to me as well as affiliate links, but all views and opinions are my own (and my Dad’s!)
I’ve heard people say that men are some of the hardest people to shop for when it comes to gift giving, and sometimes I can very much believe that! That’s why I thought I would share with you some of the gifts which I have bought for my Dad which have gone down a treat!
- Does your Dad like a beer on a Saturday night? Mine does. That’s why I was inspired to him this personalised bottle top holder for his birthday and he loves it! The down side is that it’s encouraging him to drink a wider variety of beers than our small town can cope with. You can get them personalised with up to six letters to say pretty much anything you want and there’s a variety of wood finishes to choose from too.
- Everybody loves a hamper! While I love making up hampers for people, I know that not everybody (including myself sometimes!) as the time or the inspiration to make up a hamper for their loved ones – it can be a lot of effort! That’s why companies like Moonpig – yep, those people you see on the TV talking about birthday cards with the catchy jingle! – are super handy because they have a number of ready made hampers suitable for a variety of people that they can send out. This is also a great option if you would like to give somebody a hamper as a gift but due to distance won’t be able to see them as you could ask Moonpig to send it straight to them! They have a number of other gift options on their website too, check them out here: http://www.moonpig.com/uk/fathers-day/gifts/.
- You know what else always goes down a treat? Tickets. I have bought my Dad tickets for the football in the past which he really enjoyed because being a very busy working man means that he doesn’t get to go to the football as much as he might like. Also in the past I’ve bought him gig tickets for Christmas and planned a day out to the cinema – all have been very well received.
- If you ask my Dad what he wants when it comes round to gift giving time, his answer is almost always the latest CD or DVD release. If you know of a movie that they are excited to see or a band they love are releasing a new album then this is a great gift!
- Take them out to eat! In the past we’ve gone out for dinner and I’ve even organised a lunch time picnic by the beach. Sometimes the best gift can just be to spend time together, especially if you’re busy lives mean you don’t always see a lot of each other!
I hope this list has helped to inspire you as you set about last minute Father’s Day shopping! Remember, the most important thing is to let your Dad know how much he means to you – that’s absolutely priceless!
[If anybody is wondering what I bought my Dad this year, the answer is grass seed for the garden. Not the most exciting present, but it’s what he wanted!]
One thought on “5 Dad-Approved Father’s Day Gifts”
I’ve never even heard of a bottle top holder before – It’s such a good idea!!