I’ve seen a bunch of videos going about where people dispel myths/stereotypes/prejudices about something which defines them – race, sexuality, circumstance…literally anything. I recently became a deacon (almost a big deal) and I thought Blogtober might be the perfect chance to attempt something similar of my own – at the moment it’s coming in the form of this post but I might turn it into a video later down the line.
I’m going to go down the route of religion – I can feel your prejudices tingling already. So hear we go…
I Go To Church, but…
- I still work on Sundays. Sometimes before, sometimes after and sometimes I just have to miss church altogether.
- I fully support LGBT+ rights, I love the LGBT+ identifying people in my life without hesitation and I identify as LGBT+ myself.
- I still get involved in Hallowe’en – I love disguising myself from the resurrected evil spirits.
- I’m not necessarily celibate.
- I openly date people who are not religious.
- I believe in the magic of Santa Claus.
- I sometimes listen to heavy metal music.
- I don’t drink the communion wine.
- I will not “shove my religion down your throat”.
- It’s not because my parents make me. In fact, my parents are very rarely in Church.
- I sometimes where clothes which are “too short” or “too low-cut”…or both.
What’s a stereotype you defy? Let me know in the comments below!