So today’s writing prompt is “5 current goals” and since I’m not the kind of person who really sets goals for myself I’ve had to put a lot of thought into this one!
After all this thinking (my brain aches a little!) I think I have chosen five things that could be described as goals for my current situation:
- Make/find time to see my friends. It feels like an absolute lifetime since I last had a proper catchup with some of my friends – I literally (at the time of writing this, anyway) still have one of my best friend’s birthday presents in my house, and her birthday is January! I joke about needing more friends but the truth is that I barely even have time for the few friends I have now, I don’t know how I think I would find time for more of them.
- Find career contentment once again. There has been a lot of negativity and unsettlement in my job recently which has not had a particularly great effect on my feelings, and it would be really nice to find that level of contentment (and even happiness!) that I used to have for my job. I don’t know if that means a new job, or waiting for the dust to settle, but I think it’s important for my wellbeing that I can find away to cut out the negativity.
- Finish decorating all of the half decorated rooms in my house. I’m looking at you, living room.
- Start to put some solid plans in place for my 30th birthday year. Especially any travel plans, because they require time consuming things like saving pennies!
- Get myself to a place financially, career-wise, mentally, etc and in terms of decluttering that I can get a dog. I know that I would ultimately love to have a dog but I also know that I am not currently in a place to give such an animal the care it deserves.